KS4 students receive dedicated PSHE time twice a week during morning registration sessions delivered by our specialist form tutors which covers a wide range of topics, skills and activities.
The aims of our PSHE programme are:
- To support every pupil to become a confident, healthy, considerate, responsible young adult.
- To help equip each pupil with the knowledge and skills to make informed choices.
- To provide opportunities for pupils to reflect on their own learning and achievements.
- To help students identify their own personal development targets.
- To develop skills of enquiry and communication.
- To promote pupils moral, social, spiritual and cultural development, increasing their self-confidence.
Core Themes across the year are:
- Health and Wellbeing
- Living in the Wider World
PSHE themes are also delivered through weekly assemblies covering topics such as British values, careers options, mental and physical health awareness and E-Safety.
A wide range of speakers and guests are often invited to assemblies to deliver topical presentations and to inform and inspire students to achieve their potential.